CLICK HERE FOR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Have you always wanted to learn upholstery but fancy yourself a more hands on learner? My In-Person Upholstery Workshops are a perfect way to navigate the furniture upholstery process at your own pace.
Join me at Maker Works in Ann Arbor, Michigan as I guide you through the basic fundamentals of furniture upholstery and restoration. Each 3 hour small piece upholstery workshop allows you to bring in your own piece for personalized instruction and hands-on support as you learn to deconstruct, repair, and re-upholster your own small piece of furniture.
Class Instruction Includes:
- 3 Hours of hands-on instruction
- Access to professional tools like hand tools, air compressors, pneumatic power tools, sewing machines and more.
- 20% Off Discount to Professional Upholstery Tools, Materials, and Supplies
What you can learn:
- How to evaluate your furniture piece to determine viability
- How to document your processes for reference as you work
- How to strip old upholstery and remove staples and nails from your piece
- What materials to use to re-upholster your piece
- How to tie springs
- How to make patterns
- How to sew using an industrial sewing machine
- How to do button tufting
- How to do vertical channel tufting
- and so much more...
Absolutely NO EXPERIENCE needed to begin your first project, I will walk you through every step of the way. You WILL NOT finish a complicated piece in just one class. You will likely need multiple, however, here is a list of projects you could complete in a 3 hour session:
- Dining chair seats
- Sewing a box cushion
- Button tufted headboard or bulletin board
- Small ottoman or footstool
- Floor cushion
- Throw pillows
What types of furniture can you bring?
- 1 person seating like accent chairs, wingback chairs, and dining seats
- Anything that fits in a 48" x 48" square standing space.
What to know in advance...
- There are NO RETURNS on classes, but you may re-schedule to a different date if something comes up.
- Cancelations must be 72 hours in advance of your class to be re-scheduled. I need tome to be able to sell and fill your seat.
3765 Plaza Dr,
Ann Arbor, MI 48108