Have you always wanted to learn upholstery but fancy yourself a more hands on learner? My In-Person Upholstery Workshops are a perfect way to navigate the furniture upholstery process at your own pace.
Join me at Maker Works in Ann Arbor, Michigan as I guide you through the basic fundamentals of furniture upholstery and restoration. Each 3 hour small piece upholstery workshop allows you to bring in your own piece for personalized instruction and hands-on support as you learn to deconstruct, repair, and re-upholster your own small piece of furniture.
BRING A FRIEND FREE TO HELP WITH YOUR PROJECT!
Go halvsies with a friend and finish your project together! Bring your friend FREE all Summer long. Offer ends August 31. No Coupon code needed. Your free friend can only work on your piece with you. They cannot bring their own piece.
Class Instruction Includes:
- 3 Hours of hands-on instruction
- Access to professional tools like hand tools, air compressors, pneumatic power tools, sewing machines and more.
- How to evaluate your furniture piece to determine viability
- How to document your processes for reference as you work
- How to strip old upholstery and remove staples and nails from your piece
- What materials to use to re-upholster your piece
- How to tie springs
- How to make patterns
- How to sew using an industrial sewing machine
- How to do button tufting
- How to do vertical channel tufting
- and so much more...
Absolutely NO EXPERIENCE needed to begin your first project, I will walk you through every step of the way. You WILL NOT finish a complicated piece in just one class. You will likely need multiple, however, here is a list of projects you could complete in a 3 hour session:
- Dining chair seats
- Sewing a box cushion
- Button tufted headboard or bulletin board
- Small ottoman or footstool
- Floor cushion
- Throw pillows
What types of furniture can you bring?
- 1 person seating like accent chairs, wingback chairs, and dining seats
- Anything that fits in a 48" x 48" square standing space.
What to know in advance...
- There are NO RETURNS on classes, but you may re-schedule to a different date if something comes up.
- Cancelations must be 72 hours in advance of your class to be re-scheduled. I need tome to be able to sell and fill your seat.