Have you always wanted to learn upholstery with me but don't live close enough to attend in-person? My Virtual Upholstery Workshops are a perfect way to navigate the furniture upholstery process at your own pace, with my guidance.
Join me at online via ZOOM at Maker Works, Mondays 6pm - 9pm EST, as I guide you through the basic fundamentals of furniture upholstery and restoration. Each 3 hour virtual upholstery workshop allows you to work on your own project from home for personalized instruction and my hands-on support, as you learn to deconstruct, repair, and re-upholster your own small piece of furniture.
Classes limited to 6 students!
BUY 3 CLASSES GET 1 FREE! (You must add all 4 classes to your cart at checkout)
Class Instruction Includes:
- 3 Hours of hands-on virtual instruction.
- 20% Discount on Upholstery Supplies from my online shop.
- How to evaluate your furniture piece to determine viability
- How to document your processes for reference as you work
- How to strip old upholstery and remove staples and nails from your piece
- What materials to use to re-upholster your piece
- How to measure for fabric
- How to tie springs
- How to make patterns
- How to sew using an industrial sewing machine
- How to do button tufting
- How to do vertical channel tufting
- and so much more...
Absolutely NO EXPERIENCE needed to begin your first project, I will walk you through every step of the way. You likely WILL NOT finish a piece in just one class. You will likely need multiple, however, here is a list of projects you could complete in a 3 hour session:
- Dining chair seats
- Button tufted headboard or bulletin board
- Small ottoman or footstool
- Floor cushion
- Throw pillows
What types of furniture can you work on?
- 1 person seating like accent chairs, wingback chairs, and dining seats
- Interior soft furnishings
- Custom projects
What to know in advance...
- There are NO RETURNS on classes, but you may re-schedule to a different date if something comes up.
- Cancelations must be 72 hours in advance of your class to be re-scheduled. I need to be able to sell and fill your seat.
Online Via ZOOM. Students will receive credentials the morning of their class.