CLICK HERE FOR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do the kids need something to keep them busy and engaged this summer? Try my Upholstery Camp for Kids*! Bring a friend FREE to work on one project together. Can this friend be an adult? Absolutely ;)...
Camp begins June 14th and runs on Wednesdays from 10am - 2pm. (June 14, 21, 28). In this class your child will bring a piece of furniture to re-imagine or restore. They will design their vision, and I'll walk them through how to complete their projects every step of the way. ALL fabric, materials and tools provided.
Each student will receive personalized instruction and hands-on support from me as they learn to evaluate, deconstruct, repair, and re-upholster their own small piece of furniture, along with some beginner tools of their own to take home.
*Ages 10+ Recommended, younger if accompanied by an adult.
Class Instruction Includes:
- 3, FOUR hour Upholstery workshops.
- Access to professional tools like hand tools, air compressors, pneumatic power tools, sewing machines and more.
- Professional Upholstery Materials, and Supplies, and Fabric for use on their projects
- LullCo Upholstery Camp T-Shirt **
- DIY Tool Kit***
- Work Apron
- Staple Puller
- Pair of Pliers
- Pair of Fabric Scissors
**Additional T-Shirts for your friend at $20
*Additional DIY Kits available for your friend at $50
What they can learn during this camp:
- How to evaluate a furniture piece to determine viability
- How to document processes for reference as they work
- How to strip old upholstery and remove staples and nails from a piece of furniture
- What materials to use to re-upholster their piece
- How to tie springs
- How to make patterns
- How to sew using an industrial sewing machine
- How to do button tufting
- How to do vertical channel tufting
- and so much more...
Absolutely NO EXPERIENCE needed to attend this camp. I will walk them through every step of the way. Students who may not finish a complicated piece in this camp are invited to return to my regular classes for further assistance.
What types of furniture can you bring?
- 1 person seating like accent chairs, wingback chairs, and dining seats
- Anything that fits in a 48" x 48" square standing space.
- Small headboards
- Bulletin boards
What to know in advance...
- There are NO RETURNS on classes, but you may re-schedule to different dates or events for the value of your purchase if something comes up.
- Cancelations must be 72 hours in advance of your class to be re-scheduled. I need tome to be able to sell and fill your seats.
3765 Plaza Dr,
Ann Arbor, MI 48108