Think outside the box when booking your experiences this year! A Private Upholstery Workshop Event is a unique way to bring your friends or collogues together to build skills and strengthen bonds. Bring your own pieces to your personal private workshop event and I'll walk you through every step of the way! I am able to accommodate up to 6 people at a time. (It's a great way to get a longer workshop and split the cost with friends😉)
Schedule your PRIVATE event with me and I will travel with my tools and supplies to your venue of choice* to guide you through the basic fundamentals of furniture upholstery and restoration. Each session I will offer you hands-on support as you learn to deconstruct, repair, and re-upholster your own piece of furniture.
*NO In-Home venues. Venue location must be in a public space. If you do not have a venue you can schedule your event to be hosted at Maker Works.
Price is PER HOUR. Select how many hours you would like to reserve for your class. Once purchased, I will reach out to you to schedule your date.
Limit 6 people please.
Locations outside of a 20 mile radius of Maker Works in Ann Arbor will be subject to fees in to cover the cost of traveling. The person booking the event is responsible for covering these costs.
**Minimum 5 hours required to schedule a private event.**
- Tuesdays: 10am - 9pm
- Wednesdays: 10am - 9pm
- Thursdays: - 10am - 9pm
- Fridays: 10am - 4pm
- Saturdays: 10am - 9pm
Class Instruction Includes:
- Hands-on instruction
- Access to professional tools like hand tools, air compressors, pneumatic power tools, sewing machines and more.
- Upholstery materials available for purchase on site. Specific materials for your piece may need to be ordered in advance. Please make your request within 72 hours of your class to be sure your materials are available to you in time for your lesson
What you can learn:
You can choose the focus of your event. Your group can bring their own piece to work on, or I can design a lesson to walk them through the nuances of a specific skill. Here are some of the lessons we can work on as a group...
- How to evaluate your furniture piece to determine viability
- How to document your processes for reference as you work
- How to strip old upholstery and remove staples and nails from your piece
- What materials to use to re-upholster your piece
- How to tie springs
- How to make patterns
- How to sew using an industrial sewing machine
- How to do button tufting
- How to do vertical channel tufting
- and so much more...
Absolutely NO EXPERIENCE needed to begin your first project, I will walk you through every step of the way.
NOTE: You will get more out of your time if you bring your pieces pre-stripped before your event. Find full-length tutorials and more to walk you through here in my private group:
LullCo Upholstery Club
I teach all of my classes out of Maker Works in Ann Arbor. Their address is below.
3765 Plaza Dr,
Ann Arbor, MI 48108