Are you looking for more of a one on one upholstery experience? Private lessons may be the way to go for you! Bring your own piece to your personal private workshop and I'll walk you through every step of the way!
Schedule your private lesson with me at Maker Works in Ann Arbor, Michigan and I will guide you through the basic fundamentals of furniture upholstery and restoration. Each session I will offer you hands-on support as you learn to deconstruct, repair, and re-upholster your own piece of furniture.
Price is PER HOUR. Select how many hours you would like to reserve for your class. Once purchased, I will reach out to you to schedule your date. You may bring up to 3 people to share your class.
**Minimum 3 hours required to schedule a private lesson.**
- Tuesdays: 10am - 9pm
- Wednesdays: 10am - 9pm
- Thursdays: - 10am - 9pm
- Fridays: 10am - 4pm
- Saturdays: 10am - 9pm
Class Instruction Includes:
- Hands-on instruction
- Access to professional tools like hand tools, air compressors, pneumatic power tools, sewing machines and more.
- Upholstery materials available for purchase on site. Specific materials for your piece may need to be ordered in advance. Please make your request within 72 hours of your class to be sure your materials are available to you in time for your lesson
What you can learn:
- How to evaluate your furniture piece to determine viability
- How to document your processes for reference as you work
- How to strip old upholstery and remove staples and nails from your piece
- What materials to use to re-upholster your piece
- How to tie springs
- How to make patterns
- How to sew using an industrial sewing machine
- How to do button tufting
- How to do vertical channel tufting
- and so much more...
Absolutely NO EXPERIENCE needed to begin your first project, I will walk you through every step of the way.
I teach all of my classes out of Maker Works in Ann Arbor. Their address is below.
3765 Plaza Dr,
Ann Arbor, MI 48108